PROJECT “COURTYARD OF THE GREEN HILL” – A COMPLEX OF MULTI-STOREY RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS IN DAUGĖLIŠKIO STR., VILNIUS – ACCOMPLISHED
The project was set on the terms of external urban-architectural proposals’ competition in accordance with the detailed plan for the territory. The competition was organized together with the Lithuanian Architects’ Union.
One of the fundamental postulates was development of a safe green space for the block’s community and its integration into the wider public space system (pedestrian streets, square, park) – as a result, Žalio kalno kiemas (Green Hill Yard) was born. This project is an attempt to create a humane living environment of comprehensive quality by simple and somewhat non-traditional means.
The project’s main postulates:
– the complex is divided into two separate blocks with different morphology;
– system of private green yards is created in order to divide the space;
– public space system is created with a supplement of a new plaza type space in front of the high-rise building linking the spaces of the internal yard and the park in Kernavės street;
– the main dominant volumes are formed on the key urban axes;
– the composition of the main residential complex is formed by three volumes: two L-shaped volumes set at angle towards one another and the “Green hill“ volume;
– the facades of the buildings clearly declare the difference between internal and external; finishing materials used are characteristic to the surroundings;
– retention of valuable trees;
– flexible flat planning system and construction succession.
More detailed material on this project will be later presented on both our website and the website of the Lithuanian Architects’ Union: www.architektusajunga.lt